Here are my top 10 most viewed posts of 2014 concerning all things CEO – from hiring to managing the board to failing by having a best buddy and more.
Yearly Archives: 2014
What are the CEO best practices – the skills and knowledge – that chief executives need to succeed? Here is a list of the first 10 out of 15 that I think are crucial.
How did former Indiana Governor Mitch Daniels turn a $600 million budget deficit into a multibillion-dollar budget surplus, cut property taxes, and improve services across the state? It was all about goals, metrics and accountability.
What are the favorite books of CEOs such as Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Tony Hsieh, Elon Musk, Meg Whitman, and more? CEO.com recently compiled a list, shown in this infographic.
I’ve developed a set of 15 CEO skills that I believe are crucial to success, which I’ve been revealing on the Khorus blog. I’m up to #9: Regulation and Governance. CEOs face a constantly changing regulatory environment.
Somewhere between the Cult Leader CEO who is too dogmatic in his or her beliefs and the Mr. Mayhem CEO who shifts direction with the wind lies the balance that leaders need to strike.
Leadership styles vary, but executives who excel share a specific mental approach. This is what Gap International discovered when they interviewed 500 executives, according to an article in Entrepreneur.
I wrote this article for Fast Company to give employees at all levels a process for linking their goals to the corporate business objectives and making themselves more valuable as a result.
Here are four leadership principles an Air Force general has learned over the years.
Knowledge workers need private areas to do their work. Here’s why.
- Numbers Don't Drive Businesses, People Do
- CEO Genome Project: What Constitutes a High-Performing CEO Part 2
- CEO Genome Project: What Constitutes a High-Performing CEO Part 1
- Being a Second CEO
- CEO Interview: Chuck Runyon, Anytime Fitness
- CEO Leadership: Break Down Bureaucratic Barriers
- CEO Interview: Dave O’Flanagan, Boxever
- Product Manager: A CEOs Best Training Ground
- New Rule: Act Quickly on Job Referrals
- CEO Interview: Phil Friedman, CGS