What is the difference between nonprofits and for-profit enterprises? If you listen to the popular media, for-profits are greedy, nasty organizations that succeed by taking advantage of poorly informed customers.
Yearly Archives: 2015
Google’s Eric, Larry and Sergey in a self-driving car; January 20, 2011
I think we all know that Google is an outlier in business, but we can’t help comparing ourselves to them.
There is a constant theme in the business world: Some enterprising individual uncovers a new way to make money and makes a fortune.
What’s the top challenge of CEOs? Employee alignment, according to many I speak with all over the country. Making sure each employee understands the company’s strategic objectives and is continually working towards them is critical.
Kevin Plank, Under Armour CEO, interviewed by WP Engine CEO Heather Brunner during the event; Photo credit: Austin Technology Council
I attended the Austin Technology Council CEO Summit last week and heard Kevin Plank, the founder and CEO of Under Ar
Great CEOs are great learners, with a thirst for knowledge and ideas that they continually apply to their jobs. The challenge is finding time to learn and improve your skills. It can be done.
If you’d like to watch my SXSW presentation on the CEO role, here are three of the videos edited into manageable chunks.
What are the CEO skills needed for success on the job? Once CEOs understand the five responsibilities of the role and the six ways they should spend their time, I think there are 15 key skills they should cultivate.
In my 20-year career as a CEO, I have had more than 100 venture capital meetings but have been successful raising money exactly once.
- 4 Imperatives to Prep Your Team for a New Hire
- CEO Interview: Corey Thomas, Rapid7
- Why Good Management Requires Some Bureaucracy
- Numbers Don't Drive Businesses, People Do
- CEO Genome Project: What Constitutes a High-Performing CEO Part 2
- CEO Genome Project: What Constitutes a High-Performing CEO Part 1
- Being a Second CEO
- CEO Interview: Chuck Runyon, Anytime Fitness
- CEO Leadership: Break Down Bureaucratic Barriers
- CEO Interview: Dave O’Flanagan, Boxever