NetQoS survived 2001-2002, and ultimately Trammell built it so successfully that it was sold to CA Technologies in 2009 for over $200 million. The story looms large because it reveals in living color why CEOs earn the big money.
Monthly Archives: September 2014
Their advice ranges from being nimble and adaptive to cultivating teamwork to never stop fundraising, among many others.
A company’s culture describes how things get done. But it’s not really about perks such as free lunches, ping-pong tables and Take Your Dog to Work Day.
“On its surface, the recent Oracle power-sharing deal sounds crazy,” said Joel Trammell, CEO of Khorus and author of The CEO Tightrope.
We selected 10 of these giants of American commerce—Campbell Soup, General Motors, Hewlett-Packard, IBM, McDonald’s, Procter & Gamble, Radio Shack, Target, Walmart and Whole Foods Markets—and sought advice from experienced business lea
Unfortunately, his plight is indicative of many new CEOs who fail to grasp what their job really is. From corporate boardrooms to the White House, the American people suffer when our leaders aren’t ready for the job.
CEOs face many challenges, but the most damaging ones can originate inside the organization. Three challenges in particular plague CEOs and limit their ability to drive performance in their organizations.
I asked seven current chief executives to give advice to first-time CEOs. Here’s what they said.
Recent News & Press
- 3 Ways to Engage Offsite Employees in Your Culture
- Ways entrepreneurs learn to manage risk
- 6 Things Every Manager Wants from Employees
- A 3-Step Process to Making Better Decisions
- 3 Errors CEOs Make with Their Executive Teams
- Why You Should Encourage Whistleblowing in Your Organization
- You're a Real CEO When Your Company Is Bigger Than Your Title
- How Military Service Made These Veterans Better Entrepreneurs
- The Power of Strategic Talent Planning
- Five for Friday: Leadership hacks
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014