I’ll be hosting a live Webinar this Friday at 1:00 p.m. EST for ExecSense on “Best Practices for Establishing 2014 Goals for Your Management Team.
Yearly Archives: 2013
White House Rejects Idea Of Creating An Obamacare CEO
The idea of a CEO for Obamacare is so obvious that it is hard to believe there could be any disagreement. The Affordable Care Act is a huge endeavor that would test even the best CEO.
Excellent article that gets to the crux of leadership: In order to be great, you have to shed the individual contributor role that made you successful on your way to the CEO chair.
Each interaction with a customer is an opportunity to either earn loyalty or alienate. This conclusion is true whether your company provides products to mass markets like McDonald’s, or for specialized use, like those provided by GE.
One of the interesting things about the CEO job is that almost every employee has a strong opinion about the CEO’s performance.
How many CEOs are first-time CEOs? I think it’s the majority (we found as high as 73%), and that’s a real problem.
As I’ve written about before on this blog, one of the five responsibilities of a CEO is to deliver performance. However, some CEOs focus solely on this, to the detriment of everyone in the organization.
Does this CEO failure mode sound familiar? The Drop-In Carpet Bomber CEO is too busy most of the time to pay attention to the business, but then suddenly decides that things are not going well and comes in barking orders like a marine drill sergeant.
Photo Credit: LOLren via Compfight cc
A little change of pace on the blog today. Like many of you I have spent a fair amount of time on the road during my career, and I am often surprised by what I find in hotel rooms.
- Omnitracs CEO Ray Greer: Delivering Results
- Consultants a Waste Minus an Adaptable CEO
- Good Decisions Require More than Smarts
- AppNeta CEO: It’s All About the Team
- Minimizing Uncertainty by Dr. Tasha Eurich
- Evolving Syncsort: CEO Q&A with Josh Rogers (Part 2)
- Evolving Syncsort: CEO Q&A with Josh Rogers (Part 1)
- CEO Academy Starts April 10
- Citrix CEO Leads Business Model Pivot (Part 2)
- Citrix CEO Leads Business Model Pivot (Part 1)