Judging talent and putting it to best use for both employee and organizational growth is one of a CEO’s most important responsibilities.
Monthly Archives: March 2013
We Are Austin Tech tells the stories of Austin’s movers and shakers in 5-minute video increments, and I was honored to be the subject of their most recent video.
A recent article in Business Insider reported that Yahoo’s hiring process is taking so long that they are losing out on talented people (and aggravating their employee base). The culprit? CEO Marissa Mayer’s bureaucratic tendencies.
Does Samsung really need three CEOs?
Boy this is a strange one: Samsung recently announced that two of its presidents will assume co-CEO roles with current CEO Kwon Oh-hyun. Three CEOs.
I was pleasantly surprised to find out that Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg considers “Now, Discover Your Strengths” by Marcus Buckingham and Donald O. Clifton the best business book she has read in recent years.
I’ve been discussing the traits I look for in every job candidate, including exceptionalism, motivation, creative initiative, and value.
Photo Credit: Horia Varlan via Compfight cc
I’ve been discussing the top traits I look for in job candidates – creative initiative, exceptionalism, motivation and value – but a vital and vexing question for most hiring managers is whether to hi
A CNNMoney/Fortune article today titled “Why the CEO-chair split matters” reports on how a group of union retirement funds believes that CEOs should not also serve as chairman of the board at their companies because it is a conflict of in
Besides creative initiative and exceptionalism, which I’ve written about recently, there are two more traits I look for in every job candidate: motivation and value. Here’s what I mean by each.
Great event with the Governor this morning during SXSW to discuss how to further Texas as a hotbed of high-tech growth and innovation
[email protected]: What we’ve created here is global. #CEOSummit #SXSW twitter.
- 4 Reasons to Resuscitate Your Org Chart
- Successful Exit: 4 Things Most Startups Ignore
- How to Overcome Your Company’s Lame Goals Management System
- 6 Ways to Make a Successful CEO Transition
- 4 Imperatives to Prep Your Team for a New Hire
- CEO Interview: Corey Thomas, Rapid7
- Why Good Management Requires Some Bureaucracy
- Numbers Don't Drive Businesses, People Do
- CEO Genome Project: What Constitutes a High-Performing CEO Part 2
- CEO Genome Project: What Constitutes a High-Performing CEO Part 1