I was in a meeting the other day and heard someone use a word in a way that I find very interesting: “Business.” I had asked a question and one of the other two participants responded with, “Let me answer that, that is a business question.
Yearly Archives: 2013
Today is the 150th anniversary of the Gettysburg Address. As you may know, Lincoln was not the keynote speaker that day: Edward Everett, an orator from Massachusetts, spoke for more than two hours immediately before Lincoln.
Microsoft has finally abandoned its ill-conceived performance review system that pitted employee against employee. It would be easy to conclude from this that rating employees is a bad idea. Nothing could be further from the truth.
I was recently reminded of how important a single personnel decision can be. I traveled to San Francisco to make a presentation on behalf of a non-profit organization I’ve worked with for a couple of years.
On this Veteran’s Day I am reminded that my first exposure to a really good leader was in the U.S. Navy.
I was a member of a CEO peer group years ago. The format of the monthly meetings involved reviewing your current business situation and discussing what actions each CEO should take.
New Jersey Governor Chris Christie (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Governor Chris Christie, R-N.J., was re-elected as New Jersey governor in a landslide victory last night. His crossover appeal to independents and Democrats has lessons for CEOs.
I found this article from Aileen Lee fascinating: Welcome To The Unicorn Club: Learning From Billion-Dollar Startups. She looks at the 39 U.S.
Photo credit: By Túrelio via Wikimedia CommonsIn the summer of 1984 I was lucky enough to participate in a church youth group trip to Rome where Mother Theresa was scheduled speak to an assembly of all the youth groups from the U.S.
- Risk Management: Don't Let Your Lawyers Inhibit You
- Why Texas? 19 Business Leaders Answer in New Book
- Randstad CEO: The Future of Staffing Part 2
- Randstad CEO Karen Fichuk: Leading Staffing into the Future
- Omnitracs CEO Ray Greer: Delivering Results
- Consultants a Waste Minus an Adaptable CEO
- Good Decisions Require More than Smarts
- AppNeta CEO: It’s All About the Team
- Minimizing Uncertainty by Dr. Tasha Eurich
- Evolving Syncsort: CEO Q&A with Josh Rogers (Part 2)