A core role of the CEO is to ensure that the company has the proper resources to be successful. Most commonly people think of capital and people as the two primary resources needed.
Monthly Archives: April 2014
This next entry in my CEO failure modes series may make for compelling drama in the entertainment industry, but in the real world any CEO who exhibits dictatorial behavior is prone to mediocrity and failure.
Here’s a sneak peek of the book jacket proof for my book coming out in September.
Getting too close to your team can cloud your judgment. The best coaches care about their players but can make the tough personnel decisions when needed.
One of my favorite sayings about the technology business is that it is very easy to predict the future….
How much does a bad hire cost companies? It’s more than just money according to this infographic by Mindflash. Hiring the wrong person also causes lost time, productivity, and morale.
I have read numerous posts and comments related to the “resignation” of the Mozilla CEO Brendan Eich.
I have spent much of my career running businesses in the startup phase of their lives. In my mind, the startup phase continues until you are confident that the business can survive any normal risk scenario.
- Fake It Until You Make It? Not for CEOs
- How to Approach the CEO’s First 100 Days
- Why CEOs Have a 24x7 Job
- 4 Reasons to Resuscitate Your Org Chart
- Successful Exit: 4 Things Most Startups Ignore
- How to Overcome Your Company’s Lame Goals Management System
- 6 Ways to Make a Successful CEO Transition
- 4 Imperatives to Prep Your Team for a New Hire
- CEO Interview: Corey Thomas, Rapid7
- Why Good Management Requires Some Bureaucracy