Technology reporter Rolfe Winkler recently published an article in The Wall Street Journal titled “When Startups Fail, Silicon Valley’s Millennial CEOs Like to Share Feelings.
Yearly Archives: 2016
What is one of the biggest differences between the CEO role and other jobs in a company? It’s the responsibility to make decisions about a huge breadth of issues.
“You could go to class to go to be an NFL quarterback, you could have Peyton Manning or Tom Brady teach you lessons.
What is one of the most underutilized tools in leadership development? Teaching, writes Ana Maria Sencovici of The River Group: “For leaders who are deliberately practicing their leadership skills, teaching is the surest way of internalizing and a
Forecasting ability: This is the skill we should primarily judge presidential candidates on according to Adam Grant, professor of management and psychology at the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School.
First-time CEOs revealed huge challenges in taking on the role according to a new CEO study by The River Group.
A few years ago I wrote an article for Texas CEO Magazine extolling the virtues of “The Lazy CEO.
Teaching is an honorable and worthwhile pursuit for any professional, including CEOs, and learning should be a life-long endeavor. Kevin Spacey embodies both in a recent interview in Harvard Business Review.
The annual eight-week CEO Seminar I lead begins April 1. If you are a CEO with more than 25 employees, consider joining us. The time commitment is minimal – every Friday during lunch – but the payoff can be big.
Super Tuesday is finally upon us, giving us the best indication yet of how each presidential candidate’s brand promise translates into actual votes. Like many, I have been following the presidential election process with some interest.
- 4 Reasons to Resuscitate Your Org Chart
- Successful Exit: 4 Things Most Startups Ignore
- How to Overcome Your Company’s Lame Goals Management System
- 6 Ways to Make a Successful CEO Transition
- 4 Imperatives to Prep Your Team for a New Hire
- CEO Interview: Corey Thomas, Rapid7
- Why Good Management Requires Some Bureaucracy
- Numbers Don't Drive Businesses, People Do
- CEO Genome Project: What Constitutes a High-Performing CEO Part 2
- CEO Genome Project: What Constitutes a High-Performing CEO Part 1