It’s common to hear about CEOs behaving badly during work hours. Yet their personal time is being scrutinized as well, especially in this era of social media.
Yearly Archives: 2018
Years ago I toted around an 11×17 double-sided sheet of paper like it was my third arm – a source of endless mirth for my executives. Yet this org chart with 300+ names was a lifeline for me as CEO of a fast-growing software company.
This is a guest post by Jock Purtle, the Founder and CEO of online brokerage service Digital Exits.
In the spirit of the book “Applied Empathy,” by Sub Rosa CEO Michael Ventura, this article helps CEOs and other leaders put themselves in the shoes of a regular employee striving to succeed despite an inadequate goals management system.
The CEO transition is a tough one. New CEOs especially face a steep learning curve. There are many things I wish I had known going into my first CEO job.
New hire rejection: Don’t risk your team shunning a new employee because you did not prepare them ahead of time.
Rapid7 CEO Corey Thomas
Corey Thomas’ impressive background includes stints at Parallels, Microsoft, AT&T, and Deloitte Consulting as well as degrees from Vanderbilt and Harvard.
Management requires policies, procedures, and bureaucracy if entrepreneurs want to grow their companies
A Rocket Mortgage/Quicken Loans Super Bowl commercial featured actor and comedian Keegan-Michael Key translating jargon and slang for people.
Business is a numbers game: That’s what I would have told you when I started my first business over 25 years ago. As a degreed engineer whose father was a college professor, I was exposed to many mathematical concepts and analytical approaches.
In this second part of my interview with ghSMART principals Kim Powell and Dina Wang, we discuss common mistakes CEOs make and why boards often hire the wrong candidate.
- Conformity Kills: Hire Outliers to Create Strong Cultures
- One Financial Platform to Rule Them All: OneStream Software CEO Tom Shea
- Data Center Flexing: Flexential CEO Chris Downie
- Business Forecasts: Cloudy with a Chance of Futility
- HR & CHRO Evolution: Jason Hanold Q&A Part 2
- CHRO Evolution: Jason Hanold on What CEOs Expect
- CEO Responsibilities 2020: 5 Unique Duties
- Personality Assessments: New Book Explores Using AI
- Risk Management: Don't Let Your Lawyers Inhibit You
- Why Texas? 19 Business Leaders Answer in New Book