Risk is a constant for entrepreneurs but so is the risk-averse nature of lawyers. My friend and colleague Jim Schleckser addresses this dichotomy in the following article.
Yearly Archives: 2019
Why Texas for business? Ed Curtis Jr. delivers some answers in his new book out today – “Why Texas: How Business Discovered the Lone Star State.
Randstad CEO Karen Fichuk is in her first year on the job.
Randstad North America CEO Karen Fichuk joined the company in February after spending much of her career at Nielsen.
Omnitracs CEO Ray Greer is a well-respected leader in the transportation and logistics industry, having worked in leadership roles at BNSF Logistics, Greatwide Logistics Services, Newgistics, Ryder Integrated Logistics, and FedEx.
Consultants have a place in business but are no substitute for the CEO
I often say being a CEO is the most personal of jobs. It’s difficult to separate the person from the role, and good character is fundamental to the position.
Good decisions drive organizations. It’s one of the CEO’s five main responsibilities, yet many take the wrong approach. Some attempt to make every little decision. Others procrastinate for fear of making a wrong decision.
Unlike most chief executives, Matt Stevens always wanted to be a CEO. He took the tech route to the job, starting out as CTO before becoming CEO of network performance monitoring company AppNeta in 2014.
This is a great story by organizational psychologist Dr. Tasha Eurich about workplace situations that trigger our reward/threat response (sometimes with funny results!).
In Part 1 of my Q&A with Syncsort CEO Josh Rogers, we covered his background and journey to the chief executive chair.
- 4 Traits of the Most Talented Job Candidates
- Donald Trump Leadership Redux
- Conformity Kills: Hire Outliers to Create Strong Cultures
- One Financial Platform to Rule Them All: OneStream Software CEO Tom Shea
- Data Center Flexing: Flexential CEO Chris Downie
- Business Forecasts: Cloudy with a Chance of Futility
- HR & CHRO Evolution: Jason Hanold Q&A Part 2
- CHRO Evolution: Jason Hanold on What CEOs Expect
- CEO Responsibilities 2020: 5 Unique Duties
- Personality Assessments: New Book Explores Using AI