Omnitracs CEO Ray Greer is a well-respected leader in the transportation and logistics industry, having worked in leadership roles at BNSF Logistics, Greatwide Logistics Services, Newgistics, Ryder Integrated Logistics, and FedEx.
Yearly Archives: 2019
Consultants have a place in business but are no substitute for the CEO
I often say being a CEO is the most personal of jobs. It’s difficult to separate the person from the role, and good character is fundamental to the position.
Good decisions drive organizations. It’s one of the CEO’s five main responsibilities, yet many take the wrong approach. Some attempt to make every little decision. Others procrastinate for fear of making a wrong decision.
Unlike most chief executives, Matt Stevens always wanted to be a CEO. He took the tech route to the job, starting out as CTO before becoming CEO of network performance monitoring company AppNeta in 2014.
This is a great story by organizational psychologist Dr. Tasha Eurich about workplace situations that trigger our reward/threat response (sometimes with funny results!).
In Part 1 of my Q&A with Syncsort CEO Josh Rogers, we covered his background and journey to the chief executive chair.
Josh Rogers is CEO of Syncsort, a B2B software company that helps businesses organize their data.
I’ll be leading the annual CEO Academy in Austin starting on April 10. CEOs with successful, growing businesses are invited (not start-ups). This is a great chance to learn a systematic approach to the CEO role and network with your peers.
In part one of my interview with Citrix CEO David Henshall, we discussed how he became CEO and his successful, three-pronged approach to transforming the company.
- Omnitracs CEO Ray Greer: Delivering Results
- Consultants a Waste Minus an Adaptable CEO
- Good Decisions Require More than Smarts
- AppNeta CEO: It’s All About the Team
- Minimizing Uncertainty by Dr. Tasha Eurich
- Evolving Syncsort: CEO Q&A with Josh Rogers (Part 2)
- Evolving Syncsort: CEO Q&A with Josh Rogers (Part 1)
- CEO Academy Starts April 10
- Citrix CEO Leads Business Model Pivot (Part 2)
- Citrix CEO Leads Business Model Pivot (Part 1)