Tom Peters, the Red Bull of management thinking, believes “Management is about arranging and telling. Leadership is about nurturing and enhancing.” This is an important distinction. But as a leader, how do you put this into practice? And how do you get there fast? In today’s Five for Friday, we’ve gathered a few quick ideas to help you nurture and enhance those around you.
- Thoughts on how the best CEOs get the important work done from @HarvardBiz.
- @Basecamp shares how mindful work can make you a better leader.
- @ offers 12 critical competencies for leading in the rapidly changing world of work.
- @ explores the six habits of people-centric leaders.
- @ examines an idea from @ that leaders should wallow in failure.