I was recently reading the latest book in the Freakonomics series by Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner titled “Think Like a Freak.
Monthly Archives: June 2014
Fast Company recently interviewed Etsy CEO Chad Dickerson about his efforts to educate employees on being more productive: “On Having a System – Any System.
In “The Five Dysfunctions of a Team: A Leadership Fable,” Patrick Lencioni provides a model for building an effective and productive team.
I recently wrote an article for The CEO Magazine called “Engineering an Aligned Organization,” where I actually do the math about how complex it is to try to manually align an organization with a few as 50 people.
I am often asked who I look up to as an example of a great Chief Executive Officer. As I write this today is the 70th anniversary of D-Day.
Last year I wrote a series of articles about the six hats CEOs may need to don at any one time in service to their organizations. I recently summarized the six roles for Entrepreneur in an article, which is republished in its entirety here.
I have been in far too many board meetings that sound like infomercials: The CEO presents each department in the best possible light and never mentions any problems. This is pointless if you actually want help from your board.
- 4 Reasons to Resuscitate Your Org Chart
- Successful Exit: 4 Things Most Startups Ignore
- How to Overcome Your Company’s Lame Goals Management System
- 6 Ways to Make a Successful CEO Transition
- 4 Imperatives to Prep Your Team for a New Hire
- CEO Interview: Corey Thomas, Rapid7
- Why Good Management Requires Some Bureaucracy
- Numbers Don't Drive Businesses, People Do
- CEO Genome Project: What Constitutes a High-Performing CEO Part 2
- CEO Genome Project: What Constitutes a High-Performing CEO Part 1