I was recently reading the latest book in the Freakonomics series by Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner titled “Think Like a Freak.
Monthly Archives: June 2014
Fast Company recently interviewed Etsy CEO Chad Dickerson about his efforts to educate employees on being more productive: “On Having a System – Any System.
In “The Five Dysfunctions of a Team: A Leadership Fable,” Patrick Lencioni provides a model for building an effective and productive team.
I recently wrote an article for The CEO Magazine called “Engineering an Aligned Organization,” where I actually do the math about how complex it is to try to manually align an organization with a few as 50 people.
I am often asked who I look up to as an example of a great Chief Executive Officer. As I write this today is the 70th anniversary of D-Day.
Last year I wrote a series of articles about the six hats CEOs may need to don at any one time in service to their organizations. I recently summarized the six roles for Entrepreneur in an article, which is republished in its entirety here.
I have been in far too many board meetings that sound like infomercials: The CEO presents each department in the best possible light and never mentions any problems. This is pointless if you actually want help from your board.
- Omnitracs CEO Ray Greer: Delivering Results
- Consultants a Waste Minus an Adaptable CEO
- Good Decisions Require More than Smarts
- AppNeta CEO: It’s All About the Team
- Minimizing Uncertainty by Dr. Tasha Eurich
- Evolving Syncsort: CEO Q&A with Josh Rogers (Part 2)
- Evolving Syncsort: CEO Q&A with Josh Rogers (Part 1)
- CEO Academy Starts April 10
- Citrix CEO Leads Business Model Pivot (Part 2)
- Citrix CEO Leads Business Model Pivot (Part 1)