OneStream Software CEO and co-founder Tom Shea has a unique blend of technical, financial, and leadership expertise. As his career began, he was really an engineer cloaked as an accountant.
Author Archives: Joel Trammell
How is COVID-19 impacting the data center business? What can rugby teach us about leadership? How does a company compete with the likes of Google and Microsoft for technical talent?
I discussed all this and more with Chris Downie, CEO of data center
Credit LA Cicero, 11/4/1996.Kenneth J. Arrow
Nobel Prize-winning economist Ken Arrow started his career as a weather officer in the U.S. Army Air Forces during World War II.
In part one of my interview with Jason Hanold, CEO and co-Managing Partner at Hanold Associates, we discussed his journey to the CEO chair, how the HR field/role has evolved over the past decade, and what CEOs seek in their HR professionals today.
This is part 1 of my interview with Jason about his journey to the CEO chair and the progression of the CHRO role. Look for part 2 next week.
Someone asked me what I would do if I was in charge during the COVID-19 crisis. Here is my answer.
I just learned something new about COVID1-9, and it reminds me of my mantra to “never believe any number given to you without double-checking the math.” We all now know that the death rate for the flu is 0.1 percent.
The current COVID-19 crisis reminds me in some ways of the mortgage crisis.
The way the virus outbreak developed in China has bothered me for many days. If COVID-19 is spread by close contact, China should have had an epidemic in every major city in China. It was at least two months before they started shutting things down.
- One Financial Platform to Rule Them All: OneStream Software CEO Tom Shea
- Data Center Flexing: Flexential CEO Chris Downie
- Business Forecasts: Cloudy with a Chance of Futility
- HR & CHRO Evolution: Jason Hanold Q&A Part 2
- CHRO Evolution: Jason Hanold on What CEOs Expect
- CEO Responsibilities 2020: 5 Unique Duties
- Personality Assessments: New Book Explores Using AI
- Risk Management: Don't Let Your Lawyers Inhibit You
- Why Texas? 19 Business Leaders Answer in New Book
- Randstad CEO: The Future of Staffing Part 2