It’s common to hear about CEOs behaving badly during work hours. Yet their personal time is being scrutinized as well, especially in this era of social media.
Category Archives: CEO leadership
This is a guest post by Jock Purtle, the Founder and CEO of online brokerage service Digital Exits.
New hire rejection: Don’t risk your team shunning a new employee because you did not prepare them ahead of time.
Rapid7 CEO Corey Thomas
Corey Thomas’ impressive background includes stints at Parallels, Microsoft, AT&T, and Deloitte Consulting as well as degrees from Vanderbilt and Harvard.
Management requires policies, procedures, and bureaucracy if entrepreneurs want to grow their companies
A Rocket Mortgage/Quicken Loans Super Bowl commercial featured actor and comedian Keegan-Michael Key translating jargon and slang for people.
Business is a numbers game: That’s what I would have told you when I started my first business over 25 years ago. As a degreed engineer whose father was a college professor, I was exposed to many mathematical concepts and analytical approaches.
In this second part of my interview with ghSMART principals Kim Powell and Dina Wang, we discuss common mistakes CEOs make and why boards often hire the wrong candidate.
There is such a dearth of research about CEOs that I was excited to find out about ghSMART’s CEO Genome project. They have analyzed a decade’s worth of data from interviews and assessments of more than 2,000 CEOs and 17,000 C-suite executives.
Les Trachtman specializes in what he calls being a “second CEO,” replacing founders to help grow and scale companies. In fact, he’s done it six times.
- Why CEOs Have a 24x7 Job
- 4 Reasons to Resuscitate Your Org Chart
- Successful Exit: 4 Things Most Startups Ignore
- How to Overcome Your Company’s Lame Goals Management System
- 6 Ways to Make a Successful CEO Transition
- 4 Imperatives to Prep Your Team for a New Hire
- CEO Interview: Corey Thomas, Rapid7
- Why Good Management Requires Some Bureaucracy
- Numbers Don't Drive Businesses, People Do
- CEO Genome Project: What Constitutes a High-Performing CEO Part 2