It’s common to hear about CEOs behaving badly during work hours. Yet their personal time is being scrutinized as well, especially in this era of social media.
Category Archives: CEO reputation
There is such a dearth of research about CEOs that I was excited to find out about ghSMART’s CEO Genome project. They have analyzed a decade’s worth of data from interviews and assessments of more than 2,000 CEOs and 17,000 C-suite executives.
Photo Credit: cdsessums via Compfight cc
Former U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates recently released his book “A Passion for Leadership,” and it has a great lesson in CEO credibility. In it he discusses the situation in Syria.
My long-standing CEO fail series on this blog has described many kinds of flawed CEOs – from this week’s “Playboy King” to the “Budget Tyrant” to the “Super VP,” who cannot stop doing his executives’ jobs long enough to focus on
I spent some time recently in England and experienced for the first time the concept of monarchy. Seeing the English King’s palatial estate at Hampton Court brought home the opulence of the 17th century monarchy.
In “The Five Dysfunctions of a Team: A Leadership Fable,” Patrick Lencioni provides a model for building an effective and productive team.
This next entry in my CEO failure modes series may make for compelling drama in the entertainment industry, but in the real world any CEO who exhibits dictatorial behavior is prone to mediocrity and failure.
I have read numerous posts and comments related to the “resignation” of the Mozilla CEO Brendan Eich.
The 10 Most Common Ways That CEOs Fail In Epic Fashion
Regular readers of my blog know that I have an ongoing series about how CEOs fail.
GM CEO Mary Barra Photo Credit: © General Motors
Earlier this week I spoke to Entrepreneur writer Geoff Weiss for an article about how GM CEO Mary Barra is handling their vehicle recalls.
- Conformity Kills: Hire Outliers to Create Strong Cultures
- One Financial Platform to Rule Them All: OneStream Software CEO Tom Shea
- Data Center Flexing: Flexential CEO Chris Downie
- Business Forecasts: Cloudy with a Chance of Futility
- HR & CHRO Evolution: Jason Hanold Q&A Part 2
- CHRO Evolution: Jason Hanold on What CEOs Expect
- CEO Responsibilities 2020: 5 Unique Duties
- Personality Assessments: New Book Explores Using AI
- Risk Management: Don't Let Your Lawyers Inhibit You
- Why Texas? 19 Business Leaders Answer in New Book