Good reminder from Robert Sher that CEOs need to do what is best for the organization and not let weak executives continue to serve.
Monthly Archives: May 2014
Every new leader faces the immediate challenge of how best to communicate his or her vision to the organization. Employees are anxious when there is a change at the top, so it is important to begin the communication process as quickly as possible.
The relationship between the CEO and the board of directors is unique in the business world.
I’ve covered this topic in depth on this blog, but if you want to read a quick summary check out my latest article for Entrepreneur: The 5 Core Responsibilities of a CEO
As I mention in the article, it’s difficult to do the job well if yo
I understand the appeal of looking for job candidates who have done the job before, but a “been there done that” approach to hiring often leads to less than optimal results.
Thanks to Dan Graham, CEO of Austin’s BuildASign.com, for writing this article on his blog about his deployment of Khorus and the potential he sees in it to align his employees around their quarterly goals.
It’s part of my mission every day to address this topic via this blog, my upcoming book, my company Khorus, and in many other ways. It is also the title of my proposed session at SXSW Las Vegas, which is summarized below.
Most leaders tend to be better at either building relationships with employees or setting strong performance requirements for them, but the best CEOs and managers do both equally well.
Business literature is full of advice for CEOs and leaders on what to do, but sometimes falls short on the how.
- Data Center Flexing: Flexential CEO Chris Downie
- Business Forecasts: Cloudy with a Chance of Futility
- HR & CHRO Evolution: Jason Hanold Q&A Part 2
- CHRO Evolution: Jason Hanold on What CEOs Expect
- CEO Responsibilities 2020: 5 Unique Duties
- Personality Assessments: New Book Explores Using AI
- Risk Management: Don't Let Your Lawyers Inhibit You
- Why Texas? 19 Business Leaders Answer in New Book
- Randstad CEO: The Future of Staffing Part 2
- Randstad CEO Karen Fichuk: Leading Staffing into the Future