Les Trachtman specializes in what he calls being a “second CEO,” replacing founders to help grow and scale companies. In fact, he’s done it six times.
Yearly Archives: 2017
Chuck Runyon is the co-founder and CEO of Anytime Fitness, the world’s largest co-ed fitness club franchise. With more than three million members worldwide at 3,700 gyms, the company has more than $1 billion in system-wide revenue.
Every CEO should make it easy for employees to raise a red flag about issues and opportunities
True story: The Austin office of a large tech company once had six levels of management between its site president and the global CEO, who was based in ano
Dave O’Flanagan is CEO and Co-founder of Dublin-based Boxever.
Product manager – It’s the one individual role that best prepares people to be a CEO. It’s a great training ground for chief executives and arguably the single most important individual contributor position in the company.
When you’ve been around the tech world as long as I have, you know a lot of people. I am often asked to use those connections to help CEOs fill a particular position. I am happy to help with job referrals, and I try to refer only A players.
Phil Friedman is the president and CEO of Computer Generated Solutions (CGS), which enables global enterprises, regional companies, and government agencies to drive breakthrough performance through business applications, enterprise learning, and out
Seth Birnbaum is a serial entrepreneur and the co-founder and CEO of EverQuote, the largest online auto insurance marketplace in the U.S. He provided some good advice about transitioning from engineering to the CEO role.
I just finished reading a brand new book by Lance Gibbs, founder and executive chairman of BP3. BP3 is an Austin, Texas-based company that works with clients to provide simplified and improved business process solutions.
- Conformity Kills: Hire Outliers to Create Strong Cultures
- One Financial Platform to Rule Them All: OneStream Software CEO Tom Shea
- Data Center Flexing: Flexential CEO Chris Downie
- Business Forecasts: Cloudy with a Chance of Futility
- HR & CHRO Evolution: Jason Hanold Q&A Part 2
- CHRO Evolution: Jason Hanold on What CEOs Expect
- CEO Responsibilities 2020: 5 Unique Duties
- Personality Assessments: New Book Explores Using AI
- Risk Management: Don't Let Your Lawyers Inhibit You
- Why Texas? 19 Business Leaders Answer in New Book