In this second part of our conversation, Shawn Jenkins of Benefitfocus discusses how he overcame some hard times in leading a growing business, what surprised him most about becoming a public company CEO, and some advice for CEOs regarding benefits.
Category Archives: business climate
I recently had a chance to interview Fred Goff, CEO of Jobcase, one of Boston’s fastest growing tech companies with more than 50 million registered members and 100 web properties.
“You could go to class to go to be an NFL quarterback, you could have Peyton Manning or Tom Brady teach you lessons.
My most popular blog posts of 2015 covered everything from how to become a better CEO to Google to Donald Trump to unicorns
Photo Credit: qthomasbower via Compfight cc
There is a disturbing trend in the U.S. regarding startups and the rate of new business formation.
Logo of Google’s new holding company Alphabet
Late last month I posted an article on this blog titled “Why You Can’t Run Your Company Like Google.
What is the difference between nonprofits and for-profit enterprises? If you listen to the popular media, for-profits are greedy, nasty organizations that succeed by taking advantage of poorly informed customers.
Google’s Eric, Larry and Sergey in a self-driving car; January 20, 2011
I think we all know that Google is an outlier in business, but we can’t help comparing ourselves to them.
There is a constant theme in the business world: Some enterprising individual uncovers a new way to make money and makes a fortune.
- Citrix CEO Leads Business Model Pivot (Part 1)
- Fake It Until You Make It? Not for CEOs
- How to Approach the CEO’s First 100 Days
- Why CEOs Have a 24x7 Job
- 4 Reasons to Resuscitate Your Org Chart
- Successful Exit: 4 Things Most Startups Ignore
- How to Overcome Your Company’s Lame Goals Management System
- 6 Ways to Make a Successful CEO Transition
- 4 Imperatives to Prep Your Team for a New Hire
- CEO Interview: Corey Thomas, Rapid7