In my 20-year career as a CEO, I have had more than 100 venture capital meetings but have been successful raising money exactly once.
Category Archives: Business partners
In my last post, I wrote about some red flags when choosing board members for early stage companies.
I have had some interesting conversations over the last few weeks that made me realize many people view the role of private company boards far differently than I do.
Steve Blank: Don’t Give Away Your Board Seats
Brad Feld: Start Building Your Board Early
This week in The Wall Street Journal blog “The Accelerators,” Brad Feld and Steve Blank wrote articles taking opposing sides about when early stage found
- Why CEOs Have a 24x7 Job
- 4 Reasons to Resuscitate Your Org Chart
- Successful Exit: 4 Things Most Startups Ignore
- How to Overcome Your Company’s Lame Goals Management System
- 6 Ways to Make a Successful CEO Transition
- 4 Imperatives to Prep Your Team for a New Hire
- CEO Interview: Corey Thomas, Rapid7
- Why Good Management Requires Some Bureaucracy
- Numbers Don't Drive Businesses, People Do
- CEO Genome Project: What Constitutes a High-Performing CEO Part 2