This column on how to balance the budget with the business was originally published on Entrepreneur.com on July 13, 2016. It is especially relevant now as people prepare their 2017 budgets.
Category Archives: CEO policy
Calling all CEOs in the Austin area: I am ramping up for my annual CEO class sponsored by the Rice Alliance Austin Chapter, Austin Technology Incubator, and the Austin Technology Council.
Some CEOs and leaders avoid bureaucracy as too stifling, but are flatter hierarchies necessarily better?
A clear, continuously updated org chart is a surprisingly effective tool for fostering great decision making.
How did former Indiana Governor Mitch Daniels turn a $600 million budget deficit into a multibillion-dollar budget surplus, cut property taxes, and improve services across the state? It was all about goals, metrics and accountability.
“Customers first, employees second, and shareholders third,” wrote CEO Jack Ma in a letter to investors in advance of Alibaba’s record-breaking $25 billion IPO.
Jeff Haden wrote a great piece recently on the “7 Things Employees Wish They Could Tell Their Boss About Salaries.
This is an excellent blog post by Bryan Goldberg, the founder of Bleacher Report.
Fast Company recently interviewed Etsy CEO Chad Dickerson about his efforts to educate employees on being more productive: “On Having a System – Any System.
- Successful Exit: 4 Things Most Startups Ignore
- How to Overcome Your Company’s Lame Goals Management System
- 6 Ways to Make a Successful CEO Transition
- 4 Imperatives to Prep Your Team for a New Hire
- CEO Interview: Corey Thomas, Rapid7
- Why Good Management Requires Some Bureaucracy
- Numbers Don't Drive Businesses, People Do
- CEO Genome Project: What Constitutes a High-Performing CEO Part 2
- CEO Genome Project: What Constitutes a High-Performing CEO Part 1
- Being a Second CEO