This is part two of my interview with Jim Whitehurst, president and CEO of Red Hat, the world’s leading provider of open source enterprise IT products and services.
Category Archives: Executive coaching
We are doing a disservice to our future leaders: We grade them in school almost exclusively on their individual efforts, and then in the workplace we judge them almost exclusively on their ability to build and influence teams.
What is one of the biggest differences between the CEO role and other jobs in a company? It’s the responsibility to make decisions about a huge breadth of issues.
“You could go to class to go to be an NFL quarterback, you could have Peyton Manning or Tom Brady teach you lessons.
What is one of the most underutilized tools in leadership development? Teaching, writes Ana Maria Sencovici of The River Group: “For leaders who are deliberately practicing their leadership skills, teaching is the surest way of internalizing and a
Teaching is an honorable and worthwhile pursuit for any professional, including CEOs, and learning should be a life-long endeavor. Kevin Spacey embodies both in a recent interview in Harvard Business Review.
The annual eight-week CEO Seminar I lead begins April 1. If you are a CEO with more than 25 employees, consider joining us. The time commitment is minimal – every Friday during lunch – but the payoff can be big.
I recently spoke with Ray Bixler, CEO of cloud-based reference checking technology firm SkillSurvey.
My most popular blog posts of 2015 covered everything from how to become a better CEO to Google to Donald Trump to unicorns
- Personality Assessments: New Book Explores Using AI
- Risk Management: Don't Let Your Lawyers Inhibit You
- Why Texas? 19 Business Leaders Answer in New Book
- Randstad CEO: The Future of Staffing Part 2
- Randstad CEO Karen Fichuk: Leading Staffing into the Future
- Omnitracs CEO Ray Greer: Delivering Results
- Consultants a Waste Minus an Adaptable CEO
- Good Decisions Require More than Smarts
- AppNeta CEO: It’s All About the Team
- Minimizing Uncertainty by Dr. Tasha Eurich