New hire rejection: Don’t risk your team shunning a new employee because you did not prepare them ahead of time.
Category Archives: How to hire
When you’ve been around the tech world as long as I have, you know a lot of people. I am often asked to use those connections to help CEOs fill a particular position. I am happy to help with job referrals, and I try to refer only A players.
Here are my top 10 most viewed posts of 2014 concerning all things CEO – from hiring to managing the board to failing by having a best buddy and more.
Good reminder from Robert Sher that CEOs need to do what is best for the organization and not let weak executives continue to serve.
I understand the appeal of looking for job candidates who have done the job before, but a “been there done that” approach to hiring often leads to less than optimal results.
How much does a bad hire cost companies? It’s more than just money according to this infographic by Mindflash. Hiring the wrong person also causes lost time, productivity, and morale.
Starting April 4, I am teaching my CEO class again in conjunction with the Rice Alliance Austin Chapter and the Austin Technology Council.
Guest post by Veena Vadgama, Vice President of Marketing for Network Instruments
Making a decision to reduce headcount or shut down operations is a scenario no CEO ever wants to face.
In case you missed them, here are my most-viewed blog posts of 2013:
Support oddballs in your company culture
- Omnitracs CEO Ray Greer: Delivering Results
- Consultants a Waste Minus an Adaptable CEO
- Good Decisions Require More than Smarts
- AppNeta CEO: It’s All About the Team
- Minimizing Uncertainty by Dr. Tasha Eurich
- Evolving Syncsort: CEO Q&A with Josh Rogers (Part 2)
- Evolving Syncsort: CEO Q&A with Josh Rogers (Part 1)
- CEO Academy Starts April 10
- Citrix CEO Leads Business Model Pivot (Part 2)
- Citrix CEO Leads Business Model Pivot (Part 1)