Years ago I toted around an 11×17 double-sided sheet of paper like it was my third arm – a source of endless mirth for my executives. Yet this org chart with 300+ names was a lifeline for me as CEO of a fast-growing software company.
Category Archives: Organizational structure
Dave O’Flanagan is CEO and Co-founder of Dublin-based Boxever.
Logo of Google’s new holding company Alphabet
Late last month I posted an article on this blog titled “Why You Can’t Run Your Company Like Google.
What is the difference between nonprofits and for-profit enterprises? If you listen to the popular media, for-profits are greedy, nasty organizations that succeed by taking advantage of poorly informed customers.
- Why CEOs Have a 24x7 Job
- 4 Reasons to Resuscitate Your Org Chart
- Successful Exit: 4 Things Most Startups Ignore
- How to Overcome Your Company’s Lame Goals Management System
- 6 Ways to Make a Successful CEO Transition
- 4 Imperatives to Prep Your Team for a New Hire
- CEO Interview: Corey Thomas, Rapid7
- Why Good Management Requires Some Bureaucracy
- Numbers Don't Drive Businesses, People Do
- CEO Genome Project: What Constitutes a High-Performing CEO Part 2